Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

A little taste of Spring.

Last week as I was getting my hair done, my lovely Hairdresser Bri offered me a glass of deliciousness   that can only be described as Springtime in a glass.
It consisted of Strawberries, Rhubarb and Lemonade. She told me that she was cleaning out her freezer from last years bounty to make way for this years. Smart girl.
Yesterday, I went to my garden and was surprised out how much rhubarb I already have. Its a fairly new plant so in past years I've had enough to get by, but this year it is thriving and I've gotten to make some of my favourite rhubarb dishes and throw some in the freezer already.
With the weather warming up I thought I too would give this "Springtime Lemonade" a try. I grabbed my fresh rhubarb and my frozen strawberries. Here is my version of Bri's drink.


Springtime Lemonade.

1 cup rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup sugar
3 cups water
Bring to a boil and then let simmer until mush.
Strain off juices.
Using half of the liquid, add to a can of Lemonade.
Add water according to can, stir, add ice and enjoy.


Today with the other half I made iced tea and sweetened to taste.

Change your fruit around too. Next up for me is raspberries and rhubarb.

The other neat thing about Bri, is that not only is she a wonderful hairdresser, but her and her husband Ben have a new adventure that they began last year. Coastal Coffee. If your looking for great coffee, Ben's your man. I have learned so much about coffee from him, I can almost make it as well as he can. Well.... maybe not that good, but Roger thinks its great. :)


   
       

No comments:

Post a Comment