Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

My very first Sweater.

Here it is....my very first sweater.



I had such high hopes for me and my sweater. We were going to spin around on the hilltops of Austria singing. It was going to be such a grand adventure, but all hope was lost when I made a huge mistake.I eyeballed miscalulated how much yarn it would take to finish. My mom had given me some of her yarn overflow and I thought there would be plenty. You can see where  I switched to a funky coloured blue and then to grey to finish, which I almost ran out of too.



What I was going for was a 1940's farm girl feel, to the sweater, so I actually shortened it slightly from the pattern. Which by the way came from the Craftsy class on " My first Sweater". It was a great class and I learned a lot.
So I'm pretty sure if I wore this to do some farm work, the cows wouldn't mind the few oops I made.              
                                                                                     :)

2 comments:

  1. The dark, serene shades of blue at work here are powerfully lovely. They make me think instantly of the way one of the two lakes (Okanagan Lake) that we have here in Penticton in particular looks right as dusk transitions into evening during the summer months.

    I'm sorry that this sweater didn't turn out entirely as planned for you. I still think it looks wonderfully nice and that you could certainly sport it on the farm without the cows passing any judgement on you. :)

    Big hugs & many thanks for all of your wonderful recent blog comments,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the prettiest but it is cozy and it's worn often. I'm hoping to make another better one in the same blues.

      Delete