Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Hello January!

I'm finding it hard to believe that Christmas was just a couple of weeks ago, and how when January comes along, everything feels new and fresh to me. Regardless how people say "its just a change of a calender, and nothing has really changed"in my mind it has and I'll go with that.
With that in mind, at the end of last year, I made the decision to only make my clothes from now on, and my fabric can only be sourced from what I already have, thrift stores, or a responsible manufacturer. This isn't by any means a resolution, it is something I want to change in my life.

Last year I began my search for old patterns to sew a new wardrobe, and boy am I liking this. Not only and I finding some very cool patterns, but I found myself being drawn to certain eras.

I'm a big fan of the 50's, but 40's and 30's are sneaking in there too. I thought I'd like the 60's, and although its ok....it's just not enough pizazz... I think?

 Take this dress, its a 1960's pattern.




I just wasn't feeling the love after I made it, but I'd like to try making it again in another fabric and see how I feel then.

I am however lovin' my hat, and the pretty little ice crystals stuck to the tree.


The hat is a secondhand find as is the necklace and the shoes.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment