Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A little slice of Heaven.

We are fortunate folk. We can take a drive and in 5 minutes we are at the beach. I can just see the lake from my upstairs porch, through the trees. So sometimes when I think about it, it seems silly to drive an hour and half north to see the same lake, but the landscape in my opinion is breathtakingly wild.



During Rogers days off this week, we packed up our trailer and went camping at Macgregor Provincial Park. Roger was looking for a little RandR and after my fun week (which I still need to tell you about) I was looking forward to a change of scenery. Roger did do a lot of resting and during one of his naps, we went for a bike ride. We grabbed our phones so we could take some quick shots.


We weren't supposed to ride on the board walk but since there were only a handful of people in the park we thought it was ok.


And if you stopped for any amount of time you were swarmed by deer flies and black flies. At one point it was even dragon flies.


I wanted to take that rock home, but it was a little too large. But can you imagine it in your yard with wild flowers planted around it in a woodsy setting.


For some reason our section had no bugs except for these guys who came out at night and gave us a beautiful lightshow. So cute with their little firefly butts a twinkling.


Alas all good things must come to an end, and on our way out of the park I took this picture. If you look closely in the middle of the picture you'll see a deer. It was just walking slowly through the woods.


Besides losing a bag of sunflower seeds to a pesky raccoon, it was a much needed little adventure.:)






No comments:

Post a Comment