Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Summer, Autumn and Granny Squares

I'm not sure who the coined the phrase "The Lazy Days of Summer" but thats not what happened to us this summer. Between canning, sweating, reno's, sweating, whirlwind camping trips and sweating, most of our appliances revolting to do their job anymore, our summer moved at the speed of light.
 Our days seemed exhausting and not at all the restful summer I always hope for, but never seem to manage.

Now that Fall is upon us things have well... not slowed down. I did however start work on a fall sweater just for me. I'd work on it in the few hours before going to bed and finished it up the other day.

Here is the lovely M'lynn modeling said sweater for me. (As I was about to take some pictures my camera reminded me that its batteries needed charging(argh) so I grabbed my phone instead.)



I've always liked the look of granny squares and when looking on the internet for some inspiration I came across a couple of granny square sweaters and thought, what the hey! For this sweater there is no pattern. I made it up as I went along, but thats the beauty I find of the granny square. Easy peasy. And I now have something new to add to my very tired wardrobe.:)




No comments:

Post a Comment