Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Milk Paint

Right now I as write there is a buzz flowing through the internet world about using Milk Paint.

Miss Mustard Seed brought it back to the attention of many, when a Canadian Company Homestead House, ask her to create her own line of colours. If you check out her website you'll see why she was asked.

Now to get on the milk paint band wagon I ordered a few colours myself to see what all the fuss was about. Instead of ordering her colours though, I went for the more Canadian colours.

First up "Autumn Leaves".

I bought this chair at a yard sale this past summer, thinking it would be a good candidate.


So without much prepping I began my experiment.
Milk paint it the weirdest thing I've ever used, not to mention that it has a very funky smell like concrete, which I think is because it has limestone in it. But I could be totally wrong and be blowing smoke up your skirt. You also mix it up yourself because it comes in a powder.

Now its supposed to give you a very chippy worn look to the things you paint, but have been told the paint also has a mind of its own and will do exactly what it pleases.
So here is the result.




As you can see the legs were really the only thing that was chipping to any extent, but when I looked at the befores and afters I really like how this turned out.

I have three more colours to use somewhere and can't wait to see the results. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment