Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Number 47

This past weekend I celebrated number 47 and right now I'm liking my age and everything that comes with it.  1 handsome husband, 3 girls married to wonderful boys, 1 boy who I get to on occasion hang at  home with, 4 grandbabies to play with and the feeling that I'm really only 25. I'm experimenting with new clothing styles and learning new sewing techniques right down to my undergarments. I've learned this past year that with patience that yes you can thrift, sew, knit and crochet your way into a new wardrobe and that I'm leaning towards a simpler style of decor and furniture.

Back to the celebration. Saturday was filled with cupcakes and cake because we sang not only for me but for the 7 birthdays that happen in the family all within the past and future couple of weeks to come. ( Leah had a cupcake and candle too. Her birthday is June but hey any time is a good time to celebrate your birthday right?)

Sunday Roger took me out for lunch and to one of my favourite places to poke around. They now have two stores to do just that. I found some vintage Christmas balls anndddd.........


this beautiful blue green picnic basket to add to my picnic basket collection aannnddd.....


this wonderful wicker purse to use with my summer wardrobe.


So what does one wear on such an outing?? ( I also wore this outfit at the sale last week)

A Christmas skirt that was thrifted.



And a sweater I bought at the thrift store years ago to make into mitts but didn't have the heart to because of its cute faux fur collar.


I like to make fun of these "hands on hips" poses but when standing alone your hands naturally gravitate towards your hips. Go figure.
The other great thing about Sunday was that yes it was just this warm and I didn't need a coat so I got to show off this great skirt. So whoever you are who happen to sew this cute skirt I had many, many complements.  :)


5 comments:

  1. Your outfit is so Christmas-perfect, and you found some GREAT items! You have a picnic basket collection?! How fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also have a plaid wool blanket collection to use with them. A little loopy I know.:)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday when you're finished with this skirt, I will take it!
    Also, nice wood pile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest belated birthday wishes, darling Deb! I hope that you have a marvelous, fun filled year ahead!

    That skirt...oh my stars, I'm smitten! What a fabulous thrift store find. I would have been shaking with excitement if I'd come across that while thrifting. I really, really, really love it! You look fantastic and super festive, my sweet friend!

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete