Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

To Grandmother's House we Go.

My house is a buzz with Christmas creations, strategic hiding places, the smell of cookies being baked, and the addition of a new Grandbaby!! With all this happening, we are also reorganizing the basement and the garage, which means found furniture.
What happens is I find something, move it in and then find something else set it on top. I'm trying to not  do that anymore and work through what I have, which brings us to todays piece.

We bought it a long time ago and it was in pieces. I was thinking it would be an easy fix and in the end it was. So, in between Christmasing and baby kissing, it got a new life.

I almost forgot to take a before picture before we started, but I quickly grabbed my phone and took this. The bottom piece that holds the drawer is missing and that's what needed to be fixed.


And now, all fixed sanded and painted. Its painted ASCP Cream.


The top was badly water stained and I really wanted to see if we could sand that out and as luck would have it, we did!!


We changed out the hardware because the handles were pretty funky. Original to the furniture but didn't match the feeling I get when I look at. Which is something I'd see in my Grandmother's house. I didn't know either one of my Grandmothers, but I like to imagine.... a lot.


Its a cute piece in need of a home, but thats another story...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment